NEC Connect (necmusicconnect.com) is a digital networking community for alumni and students of New England Conservatory.
Whether it's reconnecting with old friends (or making new ones), sharing photos and news, or applying for jobs posted by alumni, you'll find it on NEC Connect.
- Register by creating a username and password. We suggest registering through LinkedIn, as it's the quickest and easiest way.
- Follow the instructions to add relevant information to your profile.
- Your membership will be activated within two working days.
- Post a message to say hello and introduce yourself, upload photos, post about an upcoming gig or concert, browse to find people you know, and invite other alumni to join.
No. NEC Connect does not replace our social media channels. We still want to interact with you on LinkedIn and Facebook. In fact, you can message people through LinkedIn by clicking the ‘Connect on LinkedIn’ button. NEC Connect is about creating a space for NEC alumni and students to interact, participate, and inspire each other through mentoring and sharing of experience. It’s different from social media because it enables you to find and connect with the extensive NEC network in a really easy way. Find out below about all the things you can do on it.
NEC Connect makes it easier to maximize the benefits of being part of the NEC network:
- Your profile: Update your contact information, employment details, and share updates about current projects and gigs with your network.
- Directory: Find old friends, make new connections, and collaborate on special projects.
- Knowledge sharing: Volunteer to be a mentor for students and alumni, or search for an alum who can help you with careers advice.
- Jobs and opportunities: Find and post job openings and other opportunities, such as internships, academic opportunities, or other professionally opportunities you would like to share with the community.
- Events: Discover alumni events or advertise your own alumni events and concerts. NEC Connect allows you to manage the entire registration process through the platform.
- Messaging: Send and receive messages to other alumni in a variety of ways: through the platform, by email, or through LinkedIn or Facebook. Edit your settings to manage what you receive.
- Shared interests: Follow or start a shared interest group to bring alumni together with similar interests.
Let us know firstname.lastname@example.org.